Learn what “bounce” is and how to choose the right amount of it to use depending on the surface you are playing from around the green.
What Is Bounce?
It is the angle formed between the leading edge and the trailing edge of a wedge (sand wedge, pitching wedge, etc.) So More Bounce equals Less Dig.
- Example: A 60 Degree Wedge with 4 Degrees of Bounce. It wants to dig and is great to use on firm surfaces.
- Example: A 56 Degree Wedge with 8 Degrees of Bounce. It will bounce more and be better is soft surfaces. Sun wedges go all the way up to 14 degrees of bounce.
How To Know The Firmness of The Surface
- Use Your Feet To Test the Firmness of the Surface.
- Then choose the wedge in your bag with the right bounce.
- Lessons for Beginners are Essential – Simply put, golf is not intuitive. Everyone has to learn how to swing a golf club. No one, not even the best pros have simply picked up a club and knew what to do with it.
- Lessons are the Best Way to Improve Your Game – Lessons can help knock the rust off your skills or pinpoint why your game got worse. They are also a direct way to improve your game once it plateaus and your professional’s opinion about your gear, can save you money!
About Heidi Mitchell
I’m an LPGA Class A golf professional with over 26 years of experience in teaching golf. I can bring your game to a new level by teaching the fundamentals, psychology and functional body movement of golf based on each student’s individual learning style. I use techniques learned from highly acclaimed golf instructors and organizations such as Jimmy Ballard, David Leadbetter, Dr. Gary Wiren, Jim McLean, Dr. Debbie Crews, The LPGA, and The Titleist Performance Institute. I’m on the NIKE golf staff and I’m a TPI level II instructor, US Kids certified instructor as well as a PGA Hope Veteran program instructor and a GSGA adaptive golf instructor.
Stop Talking About It and DO IT!
See it, here it or do it! I will find the quickest way to communicate the fundamentals of the game. I use video analysis and send you images and notes for a better understanding. This means you get out on the course playing to your potential sooner!
What You Get…
Golf instruction that lets you understand the how, what and why about ball flight. Learn about the body swing connection and how YOU create the most efficient and effective swing for you. When we are done you will have practice drills and stretching tips to get you better quicker.